Army Scholarship Foundation Scholarship Information
The Army Scholarship Foundation is no longer accepting applications for academic year 2015-2016. Applications for academic year 2016-2017 may be submitted in February 2016.
About the Scholarships
The Army Scholarship Foundation awards one-year financial scholarships (not grants or loans) on an annual basis to qualified and deserving students. The amount of award ranges from $500 to $2000 for undergraduate studies at accredited educational/technical institutions. Scholarship recipients may apply to renew their scholarships annually for a total of four years of higher education. Renewal is not automatic, but depends on academic performance and continued academic eligibility. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic record and participation in school and community activities.
The Foundation awards the following memorial and honorary scholarships to deserving applicants annually:
The Foundation awards other scholarships in addition to those listed above. Scholarship applicants will be considered for all available scholarships and need not designate a scholarship or scholarships for which they want to apply.
Eligibility for ASF Undergraduate Scholarships
- be sons or daughters of regular active duty, active duty Reserve, or active duty National Guard U.S. Army members in good standing, OR
be spouses of serving enlisted regular active duty, active duty Reserve, or active duty National Guard U.S. Army members in good standing, OR
be sons or daughters of former U.S. Army members who received an honorable discharge or medical discharge, or who were killed while serving in the U.S. Army,
- be high school seniors, high school graduates, or registered as undergraduate students at an accredited college or post high school vocational/technical institution,
- have a 2.0 grade point average on a 4 point system,
- be U.S. citizens,
- not have reached their 24th birthday by the application deadline date in the year they apply if they are a child of an Army member.
- not have previously earned a bachelor's degree from a college or university.
Applicants must submit the following postmarked no later than May 1st of the application year:
- the appropriate application form (see below),
- a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA),
- a signed copy of the appropriate income tax return for the previous year (see application and FAQ for more details),
- a certificate of good service or the parent's/spouse's DD 214,
- a high school transcript and transcripts from all post high school educational institutions if applicable,
- an essay (see application form),
- a photograph